Infographic Template Galleries

Created with Fabric.js 1.4.5 EAD is a document issued by USCIS that allows individuals who already hold a US visa to work legally in the US Employment Authorization Document (EAD) EAD allows individual to take any job in the US. Whereas H1B visa permits individual to work for specific company. Issued for a specific period of time based on immigration status There are is no cap on the numbers of EADs available each year Considerations when waiting for Green Card: Individuals waiting for green card often has a choice of staying on H-1B visa or using EAD card to switch status. Below are the pros and cons: The benefit of being on H-1B is that if the green card application gets rejected, the individual can still remain in the country legally and continue to work on H-1B. The advantage of EAD is it can be renewed indefinitely as long as the GC process is pending. EAD renewal can be made onlineand renewal applications are almost always approved. Entering the U.S. using a valid H-1B visa is quite straightforward. However, if you're on EAD you need an Advance Parole (AP) document to re-enter the U.S Categories of Eligibility for EAD: Individuals who have a pending application for Adjustment of Status (Green Card) The spouse of L-1, E, and J-1 visa holders F1 student seeking Optional Practical Training (OPT) Domestic servants of US citizens or nonimmigrant visa holders who enter US on a, B, E, F, H, I, J, or L Visa
Create Your Free Infographic!