Infographic Template Galleries

Created with Fabric.js 1.4.5 Obama's Proposal About Free Community College What's Achievement Management? What's Achievement Management? Obamas plan: BUSINESS GOALS EVERYBODY has clear targets, aligned to business goals EVERYBODY has clear targets, aligned to business goals. ACHIEVEMENT PLAN What's that? 10-20 Responsibilities ... each with 1-3 measurable targets Handle incoming phone-calls * Nobody waits longer than 30 secs * Boss always returns important calls same day E.g. Handle incoming phone-calls * Nobody waits longer than 30 secs * Boss always returns important calls same day E.g. How do we use it? Cost of Free College Who will be paying? Identifying / removing barriers to achievement -> * the federal government will pay for 75% of the cost and the state will pay for the other 25%. Also used for: double click to changethis text! Drag a cornerto scale proportionally. double click to change this header text! Modeled on that states guarantee of two years of free community college courses, the plan would provide tuition-free classes for students going to school at least half time who maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher and are making steady progress toward a degree or transferring to a four-year institution. That plan, put forth by theAmerican Association of State Colleges and Universities, would establish a "maintenance of effort" requirement, setting "a threshold of state financial support required in order to receive federal funding." The federal government would cover about 75 percent of the average cost of community college for students who maintain a 2.5 grade point average and show steady progress toward degree completion. Participating states would cover the rest of the cost. Many of our students are working, have family responsibilities so I think a program like this, the President is proposing would be particularly attractive to them because sometimes its very hard to get the extra money together if youre supporting yourself, supporting children and you want to move ahead to college, said Camden County College President Dr. Raymond Yannuzdouble About Obama's Plan: The budget includes a proposal to make community college free, by offering federal matching grants to states that waive tuition and payments for those eligible. There are people today thinking about going to college that were not thinking about it a week ago. The budget seeks a $1 billion increase from current levels for Title 1, which helps states educate low-income children in K-12.. The president is seeking $70.7 billion in discretionary funds for education, a 5 percent increase over the 2015 budget of $67.1 billion. For the 2013-2014 school year, the average cost of tuition and fees at a community college in New Jerseyfalls around $4,300 per year. Its estimated of the 19 colleges and 400,000 students served, the cost to subsidize the program for full-timers would be almost $370 million over a 10-year period.
Create Your Free Infographic!