Infographic Template Galleries

Created with Fabric.js 1.4.5 Sickle India, CaribbeanIslands, CentralAmerica, and Saudi Arabia These countries are alsoaffected by this diesease. African Americans Hispanics MediterraneanCountries United States 1 in 5oo AfricanAmericans areaffected by thisdisease. 1 out of 36,000 Hispanics areAffected by thisdisease. Laberge, Monique. "Sickle Cell Disease." The Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine. Ed. Laurie J. Fundukian. 4th ed.Vol. 5. Detroit: Gale, 2011. 3969-3977. Gale Virtual Reference Library. Web. 25 Feb. 2015. Sickle Cell is when the blood cellsare shaped like a sickle rather than a circle. Sickle shaped blood cellsget clogged in the arteries, and blood cannot go through. Countries like Turkey, Greece, and Italy are affected. Cell Disease Regular Blood Cell SickleBlood Cell Symptoms: Key Statistics: Affects about 70,000people.Listed below areraces affected the most. "MedlinePlus." - Search Results For: "Sickle+Cell+Disease" N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Mar. 2015. Fatigue Pale Skin RapidHeartRate Shortness of Breath Painful Joints HeartFailure "Sickle Cell Anemia: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia." U.S National Library of Medicine. U.S. National Library of Medicine, n.d. Web. 04 Mar. 2015. Treatments: Inheritance: Antibiotics Bone MarrowTransplant BloodTransfusions Comprehensive Care Surgery This is a recessive trait, meaning if someone inherits this disease, both parents must have been carriers of the trait. For example, if both parents are heterozygous for thistrait, the child will have 25% chance of this disease. If 1 parent is heterozygousand 1 parent has the disease, the child will have 75% chance. If both parents havethe disease, the child will have 100% chance of this disease.
Create Your Free Infographic!