Infographic Template Galleries

Created with Fabric.js 1.4.5 Process by which a plant loses water through leaf stomata Uses 90% of the water that enters through the plant's roots Uses the other 10% for chemical reactions and plant tissues Necessary for mineral transport Affected by environmental factors such as temperature, humidity and wind or air movement Increase in temperature or air movement decreases relative humidity and causes the guard cells in the leaf to shrink When the stomata opens the rate of transpiration increases Uses food for plant energy Releases energy Occurs in all cellsOccurs in darkness as well as light Transpiration Three major plant functions/processes necessary for plant growth and development Photosynthesis Respiration Photolysis/ Light Reaction Three products are produced in this reaction. Electrons from the hydrogen molecules and remaining H+ ions are used to form two separate energy storage molecules. The air we breathe is from the remaining oxygen portion of H2O. The carbon dioxide molecules are transformed into sugars during the dark reaction using the energy that was formed during the light reaction. Calvin Cycle/ Dark Reaction With one cycle of this reaction 3 carbon atoms are fixed or placed in a sugar molecule. This pathway is called C-3 photosynthesis. This is the way that most dicots or broadleaf plants make sugars during the dark reaction. However, oxygen competes with CO2 for a binding site during the dark reaction. Sometimes sugars are not formed, but energy is still expended to complete the cycle. This is called photorespiration. 6CO2 + 6H2O -----> C6H12O6 + 6O2 Formula for Photosynthesis sunlight Produces food Stores energy Occurs in cells containing chloroplasts Releases oxygen Uses water, carbon dioxide Building Process Breaking Down Process Produces water carbon dioxide Formula for RespirationC6H12O6 + 6O2 ------> 6CO2 + 6H2O + Energy UsesOxygen
Create Your Free Infographic!